Group and individual programming.
About our programming
Progressive Programming also offers dedicated tracks for Olympic Lifting Athletes (Strong!) and cardio-based Functional Interval Training workouts with Core & Accessory Strength (F!T).
Our mission is to provide constantly varied Progressions to allow someone to get off the couch and into the gym. To fulfill our mission we create:
Coaches & athlete notes
Athlete notes are just as important as Coaches’ notes. When your members login to Sugarwod to check on the workout of the day, they’ll get a breakdown of the workout along with insight and recommendations on how to approach the workouts and how to scale. Coaches have even more information to help them plan class and execute the workouts.
Comprehensive Warm-ups and Coaches’ Notes
Progressive Programming provides a detailed time schedule for class instruction, including warm-up and mobility instruction. And, our Coach notes give ample guidance for workout execution and class timing. Thus, coaches can quickly create an appropriate lesson plan for the day.
We’ve learned that members often choose classes based upon who may be coaching. This is human nature. We strongly recommend that each coach read through the program of the day, especially the coach notes. Substitutions are ok, especially for boxes with limited equipment availability. The recommended warm-ups and cool down activities provide a good guideline for the appropriate experience for the specific stimulus.
PRs - Progressive Programming
Our Flagship, 60min daily workouts that include month-long strength & gymnastic progressions and a fun, effective metcon.
A month of daily workout programming includes:
PRs - F!T
- Core Activation is packed with a variety of core exercises with the goal of practicing and activating your core through the 3 different planes of movement.
- Accessory Strength is a progressive program that will work with various functional movement patterns designed to work with antagonistic and synergistic muscles.
- F!T is programmed with time oriented interval workouts ranging from 15-22 minutes long.
This program is designed to complement the workout of the day by offering a bootcamp style workout plan that will not use Complex Barbell or Gymnastic movements. The goal of this Track is for those Gyms utilizing the All In track, and looking to offer your members more options for classes. We Program this Track with the same monostructural equipment and similar movement patterns as the Workout of the day to avoid repeat patterns to help with the flow for the gyms and coaches.
Strong Programming includes:
- 3 Class workouts each week.
- 4 Week Training Cycles including D-load Weeks when applicable.
- Lifting drills for the Snatch and Clean & Jerk
- Complimentary Strength programming
A typical training day:
- Grease the Groove: Snatch High Pull + Position 1 Snatch + OHS 3x(1+1+1) up to 55% **Oly Lift:**Snatch 3×3 @ 69-74%
- Accessory Oly Drill: 3 Position Snatch Pull + Snatch Pull 3x(2+1) @ 79-89% (pause 2 sec at position 3-2-1)
- Accessory Strength Lift: Back Pause Squat 5×2 @ 75% (2sec pause in the bottom – No bouncing out of the hole)